Curry Leaf Chicken
After the arrival of the little one, cooking has taken a back seat. I am sure I can make some time to cook, but I rather gaze at him and wait for him to chuckle in his sleep or just stare into my eyes. I have probably cooked three to four times in the last one month. We had good friends give us some food to last for a week or two and prior to that my parents were hereJ
I kept going back to look at Manisha Kadipatta chicken. I love the flavor of curry leaves in chicken and her recipe was my inspiration, but wanted to make something quick and easy. If your chicken breasts are frozen, it actually helps to slice the chicken thinly. Or to make it easier, buy some shredded chicken. And note, this is a curry not with curry powder, but using curry leaves as the star of the dish.
Oil – 1 T
Onion – 1, large, thinly sliced
Curry leaves – 1 cup, packed and chopped finely
Garlic – 8 pods, sliced thin
Cayenne – 1 tsp
Freshly crushed Pepper -1/2 tsp
Chicken – 1 lb, sliced thinly
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and add the onions and curry leaves. Allow it cook nice and slow on medium low until the onions are caramelized
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the onions if you want to cook them fast.
- Stir in the garlic, cayenne and freshly crushed pepper and cook for roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir well, so that the spices get well incorporated with the chicken.
- Season with salt and cook until the chicken is done.
- Serve with roti.