Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Print This Recipe Print This Recipe

live learn and pass it on

February 5, 2009 by shankari
Filed under Blog

Saw this poster on someone’s wall, when we were house hunting for our friend K, and as we were in a hurry, I took a quick snap using my blackberry. Click on the image to enlarge.

Thanks to Mythree who took the pains to type this out

People ages 5 to 95 share what they’ve learned about life, love and other good stuff.

I’ve learned that most of the things I worry about never happen,
I’ve learned that every great achievement was once considered impossible.
I’ve learned that you can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
I’ve learned that to love and be loved is the greatest joy in the world.
I’ve learned that if there were no problems there would be no opportunities.
I’ve learned that it doesn’t cost anything to be nice.
I’ve learned that in every face-to-face encounter regardless of how brief we leave something behind.
I’ve learned that you should keep you promises no matter what.
I’ve learned that the simple things are often the most satisfying.
I’ve learned that if you laugh and drink soda pop at the same time, it will come out your nose. I’ve learned that children are the best teachers of creativity, persistence and unconditional love.

I’ve learned that a sunroof is worth the extra cost.
I’ve learned that if you smile at people, they will almost always smile back.
I’ve learned that homemade Toll house cookies should be eaten while still warm.
I’ve learned that goldfish don’t like jell-o.
I’ve learned never to underestimate the potential and power of human spirit.
I’ve learned I still have a lot to learn.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

9 Responses to “live learn and pass it on”
  1. Mythreyee says:

Live learn pass it on

I’ve learned that most of the things I worry about never happen, I’ve larned that every great achievement was once considered impossible. I’ve learned that you can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk. I’ve learned that I should make the little decisions with my head and big decisions with my heart. I’ve learned that to love and be loved is the greatest joy in the world. I’ve learned that if there were no problems there would bo no opportunities. I’ve learned that it doesn’t cost anything to be nice. I’ve learned that the important thing is not what others think of me but what I think of me. I’ve learned that in every face-to-face encounter regardless of how brief we leave something behind, I’ve learned that regardless of color or age, we all need about the same amount of love. I’ve learned that you should keep you promises no matter what. I’ve learned that education, experience and memories are three things that no one can take away from you. I’ve learned that the simple things are often the most satisfying. I’ve learned that if you laugh and drink soda pop at the same time, it will come out your nose. I’ve learned that children are the best teachers of creativity, persistence and undonditional love. I’ve learned that successful living is like playing a violin. It must be practiced daily. I’ve learned that a sunroof is worth the extra cost. I’ve learned that happiness is like perfume, you can’t give it away without getting a little on yourself.. I’ve learned that if you smile at people, they will almost always smile back. I’ve learned that homemade Toll house cookies should be eaten while still warm.I’ve learned that goldfish don’t like jell-o. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t expect life’s very best if you are not giving it your very best. I’ve learned never to underestimate the potential and power of human spirit. I’ve learned I still have a lot to learn.

That was a good one. I typed while I was reading.

2. mitr_bayarea says:

Good one- thanks for sharing to both Mythreyee and Shankari.

3. Linda says:

What a lovely way to start thinking of a new year, and springtime, Shankari! Thanks for sharing it and thanks to Myth for typing.

The Tom Khaa Kai recipe is a huge find for me — I *love* this soup!! I usually order it with soft (not fried) tofu, then mix it with some rice for a very warming winter dish. Now I can try it at home!

Wishing you and yours a very happy, if somewhat belated New Year :)

4. Melly/Melody/or Mel says:

Very nice. I like the last one the best!

5. Anonymous says:

Hi,

Wild shot….were you with Fedex, Chennai ?? Give me a call @ 916-821-8886 if you are. This is Ritu Lahkar from the Delhi Fedex office.
    If not, my apologies.

6. Jugalbandi says:

good one. thank you.

7. rosemarie says:

i think this i so wonderful i want to purchase the poster can u tellme where do i get it

8. Kim Beckwith says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This poster is in my one of my dentist’s rooms and I have been looking all over for it.