Print This Recipe
Protein Laden Paniyaram
When I started giving cooking classes, I arranged different lentils in a glass to showcase the different lentil we use in our cooking..now what do I with them? So this was my brainwave last week.
Black eyed peas – 2 tbsp
Masoor dhal – 2 tbsp
Yellow Moong Dhal – 2 tbsp
Channa Dhal – 2 tbsp
Green moong dhal – 2 tbsp
Whole uradh dhal (skin on) – 1/2 cup
Red Chilly – 3 to 4
Ginger – 1 inch
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Soak all of the above except the ginger and curry leaves for about an hour.
- Grind it to a smooth batter along with the ginger adding water as needed.
- Chop the curry leaves and mix it with the batter.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let the batter sit in room temperature for about 5 hours.
- Heat a paniyram skillet (Aebleskiver pan) .
- Pour a ladle of batter and drizzle some oil over each of them .
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
I happened to see a similar skillet in Solvang, if you would like to purchase one, here is a link